- To assist and work with children in an inclusive, developmentally appropriate environment.
- Maintain log of children being checked in and out of the Kids Club.
- Prepare Kids Club according to weekly plans of care.
- Follow Daily Schedule.
- Develop and Implement appropriate activities for the children.
- Supervise children at all times for safety and health concerns.
- Arrange and Maintain classroom environment.
- Maintain required materials and equipment in Club. Notify Kids Club Manager of items that should be repaired or replaced.
- Actively participate in staff meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development opportunities as required.
- Share knowledge from training opportunities with other staff members.
- Serve as a role model for other staff members, as well as children.
- Work as a team member toward establishing goals.
- Notify security and ensure incident reports are complete whenever accident or injury occurs to children. Provide a signed copy to the Kids Club Manager.
- Inform the Kids Club Manager of any changes/challenges involving the operation of the Club.
- Keep count of children in Kids Club.
- Maintain order amongst the children.
- Assist all children to restroom.
- Supervise the children's snacks and refreshments.
- Maintain Food Stations in accordance with Health Department Codes.
- Make sure toys and games are clean and sanitary.
- Ensure children are supervised until parent or legal guardian shows proper I.D. and signs them out.
- Ensure that the Kids Club is opened on time in the morning and is closed properly at the end of the day, if appropriate.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, interpret and comprehend simple instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.