As a Preventive Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining resort units and other buildings by performing routine preventive maintenance duties as follows.
- Performs basic repairs in the units and other buildings to electrical fixtures (connects wiring to light fixtures, installs grounding leads, etc.), minor plumbing repairs (including adjustments to faucets, toilet clogs, etc. and repairs to fans appliances including TVs, VCRs and DVDs.)
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts.
- Keep accurate daily call log
- Follow preventative maintenance program
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Insures that work area is left in a clean, neat safe condition after performance of duties.
- Provides customer service to company standards to guests, making sure all work order requests are completed efficiently and promptly.
- Remove and install door locks
- Install items such as window shades, venetian blinds, curtain rods and wall fans.
- Drive golf carts and company tagged vehicles as per policy
- Equipment used while working:
- Must have knowledge of power tools and know how operate them: Power saws, Drills, reciprocating saws, Port-a- band saw, drill press, hand grinders, and bench grinders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEBasic handyman skills and experience in the above duties preferred. Must have knowledge of basic tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.