Job DescriptionConstructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, laminates Formica, conforming to local building codes, by performing the following duties.DUTIES
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Repair any broken or damaged cabinets, drawers or doors
- Prepares layout.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenters level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Install and remove laminates on counter tops and furniture
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Follows industry and company safety procedures and practices.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEOne year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of organization.REASONING ABILITIESAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.