Schedulers are responsible for the procurement of supplies and materials, scheduling of production lines and the development of inventory plans to maximize the plant’s running efficiency while minimizing labor and storage costs to be consistent with the plant goals. Develop and analyze longer term schedules. Increased contact with customer, possible SAP interaction. The primary duties of a Scheduler include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assists in developing a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Complete training to attain safety, quality and production goals.
- Coordinate contingency plan due to equipment failure, material shortages, etc.
- Confers with department leaders to determine status of projects as assigned.
- Prepare procedures, work instructions, reports and documentation to assist internal and external customers.
- Participate in physical monthly, quarterly and year-end logistics and production physical audits following corporate guidelines.
- Prepares production reports and any other reports as required.
- Schedule line products.
- Purchase components for line products.
- Conduct periodic inventories at customers’ locations.
- May be trained as back-up to other purchasing or administrative personnel.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related production experience; or equivalent combination of education and related production and/or logistics experience is required.
Schedulers are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.