VICKREY has a great opportunity for a Drainage and Roadway Transportation Engineer
- Leading the design of street and drainage systems for Municipal projects
- Drainage design for transportation projects such as roads and bridges
- Development of preliminary plans through final PS&E construction plans and specifications in accordance with TxDOT and various municipalstandards
- Serving as leader and/or support for various project assignments to include roadway design and drainage/H&H modeling
- Coordinating and managing daily activities/schedules of various assigned projects
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of project budgets, proposals, and schedules a plus
- Preparing invoices, progress reporting, and professional services contract administration
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with project team members and clients
- Ability to mentor and lead EIT’s and CADD designers on various projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Agricultural Engineering
- Professional Engineer or 4-year EIT (Texas license preferred or be in position to obtain registration through reciprocity)
- 4-10 years of related experience with drainage infrastructure design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models such as Geopak Drainage, HY-8, HEC-RAS, PondPack, Win TR-55, HEC-HMS, reporting, and production of construction drawings
- 4-10 years of experience with roadway design and software such as Open Roads and GeoPak
- Understanding of storm water management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices in order to complete hydraulic studies
- Experience in 2D Modeling, XP-SWMM or HEC-RAS a plus
- Experience performing scour analysis and reporting a plus
Vickrey & Associates, Inc. has provided quality engineering services since 1973. Our talented team of professionals is passionate about working together to develop solutions that improve our communities. Our objective is to exceed our clients' expectations by providing outstanding customer service along with innovative and quality design solutions that meet our clients' needs. Come join our team!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
V&A is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, disability, workers' compensation status, military service, creed, belief, or political affiliation.