Maintains and installs electrical systems and services, as well as production equipment, in a commercial manufacturing environment. Also performs minor electrical maintenance, repairs of plant production equipment and commercial building.
- Follows all company safety rules and policies
- Install and/or repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and/or install motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker, and panels etc.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems and equipment using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread pipe, and install electrical conduit using various measuring instruments, i.e. tape measure or ruler
- Test the continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using various testing instruments.
- Receive and complete work orders in a timely matter.
- Maintain accurate records of material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Journeyman Electrician License preferred
- Five or more years of experience in an electrical field
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve electrical problems
- Able to communicate clearly in English (bi-lingual a plus)
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Attend work regularly and report promptly for duty on the days and at the times scheduled by the supervisor.
- Sit, stand and walk up to a total of eight (8) to ten (10) hours per day on a concrete surface although may be able to perform some duties from a sitting position.
- May perform combination of physical movements to reach areas difficult to access including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, twisting and rotation motions using head/neck, arms, wrists, waist, knees and arms while performing duties.
- Lift and carry components, tools, or other items weighing no more than 50 pounds. Any component, tool, or item weighing more than 50 pounds, must be done with assistance.
- Handle hand tools and power tools. Handling may be done unilaterally (one-handed) or bilaterally (two-handed) depending on size and shape of object and task being performed.
- Constantly use fingers in order to perform installation and other duties as required.
- Must have corrected vision to be aware of surroundings and location of items needed, and perform various other job duties.
- Must have corrected hearing to listen to needs and advice of supervisors and co-workers, and listen to the environment to be aware of surroundings.
- Must be capable of communicating with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be able to tolerate environmental conditions of plant which involves temperatures that may vary widely with seasonal changes and Work in climate-controlled environment
- Work occasionally outdoors in temperatures ranging from hot to cold and exposed to rain and wind
- in which a normal level of noise exists.
- Must be alert and able to identify a safety hazard, should one occur, in order to avoid it and to report it immediately to the appropriate person or, if directed, by taking corrective measures to eliminate the hazard.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.