Job DescriptionPosition Purpose:
This position provides leadership and management to the Nurse Triage 24 X 7 Contact Center function for one of our prestigious workers compensation clients. The role has the accountability for human, financial and other cross functional teams to build and drive a high performing clinical team.The position is required to create a strong connection to our mission, passion for service excellence, and commitment to people development and the right candidate will be expected to combine the right balance of empathy, operations process excellence, change agility, and clinical expertise to ensure our customers / clients are delighted consistently.Job Summary
- This position provides leadership and management to the nurse triage telephone unit with a proven experience in working in a contact center environment
- Functions as a clinical resource educator, a role model and mentor to drive a culture of continuous improvements and deliver targeted outcomes that are well understood and accomplished for our client and the team
- Evaluates and manages complex staff scheduling and provides for conflict resolution at advanced levels
- Utilizes time management and efficiency of staff to maximize productivity and ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
- Maintains unit compliance with regulatory and professional standards
- Identifies staff development and training needs, and serves as a liaison between staff and other areas within the organization and with the client
The job duties listed below are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for efficient staffing and bi-weekly scheduling of all team members according to statistical call volume reports published by the Workforce Management team
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention, and selection of clinical staff
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development of the team members
- Defines and improve the roles and responsibilities of the triage nurse teams in terms of Charge Nurse (providing oversight), SME Support, Training and Quality Assurance duties and deliverables
- Conducts performance evaluations, and provides overall supervision of the team including but not limited to staff phone monitoring, reviewing / updating policy and procedures, and assessing staff call time ratios
- Budgets to control fiscal operations and identifies and explains variances
- Interacts with internal stakeholders and Supervisors to ensure call center needs are met and exceeded
- Works flexible schedule to allow assessment and supervision of after-hours triage staff (evenings and weekends). In addition, may participate in identified management meetings held during normal business hours
- Demonstrates proficiency with client’s Nurse Triage software to serve as both a resource (post training). Attains level of knowledge to enable functioning as a staff triage nurse consultant, if needed
- Communicate and reinforce operational priorities, clinical processes and objectives to obtain understanding, alignment and adoption from your team
- Ability to manage conflict resolution and escalations among providers, Injured Workers, and client in a timely and proactive manner
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly account review presentations to clients as required. Some travel may be required
- Participate in WNS - HealthHelp business growth discussions and proposals to prospective clients
- Undertake any administration associated with payroll, performance related bonus, staff time-off requests, expenses claims, etc.
- Interface with WNS – HealthHelp’s Compliance Officer to ensure clinical operations meets HIPAA regulations and ensures timely completion of mandatory annual compliance training
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A current unrestricted RN license is required
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive management / supervisory experience and demonstrated success in a high-touch service environment including clinical contact center operations
- 8+ years nursing experience in one or more of the following areas: Medical/Surgical, Emergency Care, Home Health, Case Management, Nurse Triage, Disease Management, Cardiac, ICU
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess, recognize and develop talent and motivate team members to high-performance and achievement of specified goals.
- A leadership style that creates a team environment which results in open communication, behavior consistent with company values, and group inter-dependency
- A strong commitment to ongoing learning
- Ability to be successful in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic service environment
- A high degree of accountability and self-motivation and excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.