Eurofins Test America is searching for a Temporary Sample Receiving Assistant in Houston, TX.Temporary Sample Receiving Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Waste Disposal duties as directed.Additional duties may include:
· Logs samples into Lab Management System daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers.
· Labels samples so they may be identified by the lot number assigns and delivers samples to appropriate labs for analysis daily.
· Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements.
· Forwards samples to other laboratories in accordance with DOT regulations as needed to run tests that are not performed at that location.
· Disposes of spent samples, waste and other potentially hazardous materials in accordance with established procedures.
· Monitors freezer and cooler temperatures daily to confirm that the readings are within SOP guidelines.
· Cleans and organizes the department daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
· Maintains and promotes safety and conducts all operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
· Stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of materials to perform tasks appropriately.
· Performs splits and composites as needed upon request.
· May perform courier duties as necessitated to support lab and client needs.
· Will be compliant with all driver procedures, certification, and Company driver policies.
· Must be willing to be on-call during non-business hours in order to perform non-routine sampling and delivery.
· Assists in maintenance of walk-in coolers to facilitate locating samples.
· Ships empty coolers back to clients and other Eurofins TestAmerica Laboratories. Logs all outgoing coolers in order to maintain a detailed inventory of all coolers.
· Maintains all company vehicles for sample pickups and deliveries as needed.
· Conducts all client interaction in an appropriate and professional manner.
· Other job duties as determined by local management.The ideal candidate would possess:
· Office practices and equipment
· Computers, word processing software and database software
· Laboratory and testing procedures
· General mathematics
· Basic composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation
· Organize work and pay attention to detail
· Computers and basic office equipment
· Computerized shipping systems
· Personal protective equipment
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is temporary- up to 90 days, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Houston,TX are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Department of Transportation (DOT) Certificate may be required for shipping hazardous chemicals within 90 days of date of hire.
· Valid state issued driver's license to operate company vehicles
· Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background check as required for company driver certification.
· Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card as well as TSA clearance may be required within 90 days of date of hire.
· Additional client or location licenses or certifications may be required in order to support client and operational needs.
· May drive for long periods, up to 8 hours per day.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship