Under general supervision, performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly consolidate, treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost-effective practices and ESOL policies, practices and procedures.Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Segregate and package material for transport along with completion of required paperwork in accordance with appropriate regulations and customer policies, practices, and procedures.
- May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, practices, and procedures.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) procedures as outlined in procedures and policies.
- Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to assist in the movement of containers to storage, treatment, and/or loading/unloading of trailers.
- Complete paperwork legibly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Performs related work and additional duties as requested or assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Regular contact with external customers and different levels of personnel on a daily basis.
Will act as a witness at customer locations where DEA controlled substances are involved. This position is a good step towards becoming a CDL Driver
Going on routes with CDL Driver, primarily Spak Retails Drivers, assisting with their stops
o Loading waste into truck at site
o Proper PPE usage required
o Might require overnights based on the route
Video the destruction process of DEA controlled substances and upload video into employer system. This provides documentation that the substances were properly destroyed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One or more years related experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency to operate a computer with Windows based programs (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
Disclaimer:This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package witha 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.