United States Postal ServiceExternal Publication for Job Posting 10452968
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
07/30/2020 - 08/06/2020
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
5605 W HIGHWAY 22
WILSON, WY 83014-9998
CONTACT INFORMATION: Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org | (307) 734-6068 | STEPHEN PITZER | POSTMASTER 18 (B)
Title: SALES, SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2320-0003
Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES
Window training is required after hire, followed by an end-of-training test on which employee must qualify to remain
SALARY RANGE: $20.75 - $27.96 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 579690
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by
the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings
Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits
(FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care
Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care
(day care) expenses are also available. We offer extra pay when working on a federal holiday (10 per calendar year) as well
as accrued vacation and sick leave.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective
public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services; may
use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and
domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the
public regarding postal regulations.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance
that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using
Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable)
3. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding
product features and services.
4. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
5. Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on
SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
6. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to
the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
7. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications, computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers' credit
8. Checks and sets post postage meters.
9. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
10. May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
11. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the
distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
12. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current
13. May perform passport duties as assigned, including verification of identification and photograph, administering oath,
reviewing application for completeness, affixing stamp or seal on application and ensuring all documents are stored securely
and mailed promptly.
14. May perform additional duties such as: maintain records of mails; face and cancel mail; make emergency carrier relays;
label and tie out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other supervisor/designee.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.