Blue Heron Biotech is searching for Director of Operationto join our team. The Director of Operations will report to the General Manager of Blue Heron Biotech and lead the day to day operations of the gene synthesis operations at the Blue Heron Biotech with P&L responsibility.
- Oversees, directs, coordinates and prioritizes the daily activities related Blue GeneMaker® platform which includes Gene synthesis, Sanger sequencing and plasmid DNA production.
- Analyze current equipment and processes, lead the lean projects to help improve the productivity.
- Support the development, implementation and optimal use of equipment and systems and ensure its efficient usage at all levels of manufacturing to improve productivity and profitability.
- Design and lead automation projects to streamline and improve the manufacturing process and make good use of IT to achieve high efficiency.
- Works closely with R&D, Maintenance and IT departments for implementing new equipment, new manufacturing processes and new products
- Implement process controls, validations and metrics for the production equipment to monitor the stability of the manufacturing process
- Reviews analytical test results and process controls to ensure stability of process and product quality under proper documentation.
- Hires, motivates, develops and retain excellent staff and manager under duty and make sure the essential training schedule is followed
- Define and agree goals and milestones with the managers and staff and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Analyze problems, identify solutions, and implement recommendations as well as manage the corrective actions.
- Ensure Blue Heron manufacturing group is in compliance with all government regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related scientific discipline is required.
- Experiencing working with LIMS and knowledge in molecular biology techniques is required.
- 10 plus years of experience of direct operations experiences with increasing responsibility including P&L management.
- Hands-on, self-motivated, possesses outstanding organizational skills, and the demonstrated ability to perform as an effective team leader
- Demonstration of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of implementing automation and process improvement in a production or manufacturing environment, scientific creativity and collaboration with others
- Experience with manufacturing scale up is preferred.
- Experience with GMP certification and process is a plus.
- Some experiences in lean six sigma is a plus
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Bothell Washington are encouraged to apply.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.