Job DescriptionDescription of specific duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Perform Radio Frequency planning, testing and analysis of radio navigation and communication systems: VOR, DME, TACAN, Air to Ground Communications
- Produce high quality presentations and reports for the customer to communicate the studies, analysis, research and results
- Perform spectrum engineering and analysis of radio frequency assignments, protocols and criteria
- Apply research principles and techniques to design, develop, and test electronic systems, equipment, products, and facilities
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Actively participate in assessing alternative solutions for client needs as well as resolution of issues with stakeholders to ensure design is aligned with requirements.
Position Requirements:(Years of experience, certifications, software skills, etc.)
- 15 years of relevant experience
- BS/MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a BS/MS degree in science or math
- Knowledge of Frequency Engineering Principles: Co-Channel, Adjacent Channel, Co-site & Intermod Analysis (VHF/UHF) and RF antenna patterns
- Knowledge of Radio Engineering Calculations such as Free Space Loss, Power Density, Field Strength, etc.
- Knowledge of Radio Interference & Coverage Analysis: Frequency Protected Service Volume, Desired to Undesired Radio Frequency Interference analysis, limits of coverage
- Hands-on experience with MATLAB, FORTRAN/C language(s), or database software for developing or modifying engineering models used for analytical task.
- Experience collecting and processing system engineering data, performing statistical and deterministic analysis and charting results.
- Hands-on experience with RF tools such as Spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, oscilloscope, Automatic Flight Information System (AFIS) test equipment
- Experience using aviation charts, flight planning and routing
- Familiarity with engineering documents such as RTCA, TI/TM Specs (NAVAIDS), ICAO SARPS, 6050.32 & AC90-100A Orders, NTIA Manual.
- Experience using productivity tools like Hertz Warfare, Terrain Analysis Program, Space Loss Calculator, AFM, Spectrum XXI.
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.