Complete layout, cutting, fitting/assembly, weld preparation, and finishing to manufacture vessels to specifications.
It shall be the commitment ofall employees to uphold Armstrong Marine USA’s Core Values of: Respect,Teamwork,Quality Craftsmanship,Financial Responsibility,Accountability, andSafety. Reports ToFabrication Supervisor Direct ReportsN/A Duties
- Layout, cut, and fit pipe, plate, fittings, and flanges to build jigs, frames, machinery foundations, hulls, stiffeners, hatches, tanks, deck components, superstructures, etc.
- Clamp, tack-weld, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operate hand tools related to the job’s needs, including: saws, grinders, sanders, etc.
- Operate equipment related to the job’s needs, including: forklifts, hoists, slings, press breaks, shear machine, hydraulic rolls.
- Use tape measures, levels and other inspection/testing to verify conformance with design specifications, company quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Wear appropriate PPE and demonstrate safe fabricating/fitting practices. Comply with safety standards required by the company and regulatory bodies.
- Obtain and maintain proper workplace training and certifications, including tool use sign-offs according to the Tool Sign-Off Procedure.
- Participate in regular/required Fabrication Department meetings.
- Complete work within specified deadlines set by the Fabrication Supervisor.
- Collaborate with other Production personnel, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED. Technical certificates and/or professional certifications (e.g. welding) will be considered an asset.
- 1 yearaluminum fabrication experience. Experience in boat-building/hull construction preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of aluminum fabrication.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings.
- Basic mathematical skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend, grasp, and reach.
- Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in the US.
Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)Environment
- Work is performed in a metal manufacturing environment with regular exposure to hazardous equipment. Noise level is often high. The use of PPE (e.g. hand, hearing, and eye protection) is required.
- Continuous physical effort is required (standing, walking, stooping, climbing, grasping/reaching, lifting/moving items up to 50 pounds individually or 75 pounds with assistance.
- medical insurance,
- life insurance,
- dental insurance,
- vision insurance,
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions,
- tool fund,
- paid vacation,
- 6 paid holidays,
- paid sick leave,
- annual performance review, and
- opportunity for paid education/training/certification.
Armstrong Marine USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or veteran/military status, pregnancy, HIV status, the presence of disabilities, or any other classification protected by applicable law.