Contract: As needed.
Wage: $18.00 to $25.00 an hour
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision of Public Health Manager and or Supervisor, performs community contact tracing resulting from contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. Responsibilities include calling individuals who have been in contact with a diagnosed individual and document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, provide contacts with connection to resources as needed; and establish quarantine period and send quarantine orders.
MAJOR DUTIES: Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Provide contacts with approved information about quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to a testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID or Public Health Response Coordinator for social resources.
- Collect and record information on symptoms.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Maintain daily contact with Manager.
- Supports the relationship between the Fremont County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in operating a computer and related software and audiovisual equipment.
- Skill in public relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AND experience working in a health or human services organization OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: Human Resources, 224 S. Main St. STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
For additional information contact Human Resources at 307-675-2912.
Resumes will be accepted through August 14, 2020 at 5pm
Sheridan County Contact Tracer Job Description
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office