Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Agriculture is searching for an Inspections Specialist II for the Technical Services Division in Powell, WY. This position covers local inspections in the areas of Plant Industry and other Weights and Measures in the Big Horn Basin area. This requires statewide travel to meet the requirements of the position. Inspections include sampling from feeds, fertilizers, seed, and nursery stock establishments to be analyzed to meet label standards. Analyzes animal remedies, seeds, feeds/fertilizers for label accuracy, and product registration. Issues phytosanitary certificates for dry bean shipments out of the Big Horn Basin. Leafcutter bee lab processes and responsible for apiary inspections. Inspects small and medium capacity scales and fuel pumps.Human Resource Contact: (307) 777-7003 Debra.firstname.lastname@example.orgESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level
- Responsible for on-site inspections, monitoring visits, and investigation of complaints.
- Performs tasks in a variety of regulatory programs in the enforcement of state and federal statutes and rules.
- Inspects establishments or equipment.
- Investigates complaints.
- Provides education and enforces compliance.
- Maintains records and equipment.
- Serve as a witness during hearings as requested.
- Manage a caseload of inspections.
- Provides input for program improvement.
- Develops program materials.
Preference may be given to those with experience in weights & measures devices, including small and medium scales and fuel pumps.
Preference may be given to those with experience with the leafcutter bee program duties and general apiary inspections.
Preference may be given to those who are certified in bean grading.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of sampling procedures and sample integrity.
- Knowledge of testing and inspection procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical devices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Inspection) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Inspection Specialist I
Education & Experience Substitution:
3-5 years of progressive work experience (typically in Inspection) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Inspection Specialist I
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position works both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- The Department of Agriculture may use a video interview as a mandatory first step of our process. If chosen for a video interview you will receive an email with all the necessary information to complete this process.
010-Department of Agriculture -Technical Services Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.