Peer Advisor/Career Services Assistant will be responsible for assistant the Advising Office through the development and coordination of outreach programming to promote registration and other advising opportunities through Advising Services.
Additionally, the individual(s) will assist the Advising Services Department-Career Services staff with programming of career focused activities, including but not limited to: Focus2 career exploration, job postings, career resources, resume reviews, job shadow program, career development workshops, on campus recruiting, employer interviews and career fair.
Reports To Karen St. Clair; Academic Advisor
- Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
- Sheridan College Student currently enrolled
- Must have at least 1 completed semester of college
- Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; graphic design, desired but will help train
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, ability to take a task and run with it; “own” the responsibilities.
- Productivity Skills- time management, keeping meeting notes, and organizing student files
- Basic Computer Skills and office equipment- copier, Internet, Ability to navigate MyNWCCD and Student Planning
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be comfortable working with a variety of students, faculty, staff.
- Maintains confidentiality with students and student records
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- General Office Environment and working conditions – computer use, copier/fax use
- Flexible hours, occasionally Peer Advisors will meet with students at various locations on campus
About Northern Wyoming Community College District
Special Instructions to Applicants
These are the job duties for required of the position.
Percentage of time 100%
- Assist staff with marketing, creativity of programming, promotion of programs/workshops through development and distribution of flyers, TV carousal, Instagram, Snapchat, General Ledger, etc.
- Review student resumes and provide student feedback.
- Become familiar/proficient with Focus2 to assist undecided majors with academic and career exploration.
- Help with entering job postings in Career Café as well as within the physical location of Career Café
- Support the Job Shadow program and the Career Fair
- Provide excellent customer service when working with students and employers.
- Represent the College and the Department positively
- Creates, assists, and develops academic and registration outreach activities
- Be aware of current enrollment service processes and perform other duties as assigned.