Job DescriptionChemical Compounder
A Chemical Compounder responsibilities include the mixing of raw materials to create finished products according to the batch sheets. Also responsible for weighing the correct chemicals and sampling finished product to quality for approval. Has an understanding of all of the company’s products as well as all the mixing equipment.Job Responsibilities
- Cleaning all equipment , tanks, and vessels as needed.
- Observes and follows safety procedures and S.O.P’s set by the company.
- Refers all issues to the lead/supervisor.
- Transfers finish product into drums, and totes to complete orders.
- Assists compounders as needed.
- Weighs up chemicals for batching.
- Makes sure all chemicals returned to inventory have weights and are cleaned.
- Sets up and monitors all mixing tanks, vessels, and mixers.
- Obtains and understands all documentation for batching products.
- Ensures all chemicals returned to inventory has the correct quantity and information on the chemicals.
- Operates all equipment including tanks, mixers, scales, meters, pump, etc.
- Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner.
- Submits finished product samples to the lab for approval.
- Communicates with production when batches are complete and ready to fill.
- Monitors all temperatures on batches that require heating and cooling.
- Verifies raw chemical usage on each batch are added correctly with correct weights.
- Operates towmotor as needed.
- Able to work with limited supervision
- 3 to 5 years experience in a compounding or mixing environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and oral instructions including safety rules, operating procedures, batch recipes and material identification.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide as well as making the necessary conversions.
- Able to handle 55 gallon drums and powder bags up to 60 lbs.
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be certified to operate a towmotor, a sit-down as well as a stand-up.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Displays good troubleshooting skills.
- At times a hot dusty environment.
- Must be able to pick up 60 lbs.
- 95% of the day you will be on your feet.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.