Shibuya Hoppmann has an immediate opening for an electrical technician (day shift).
The ideal candidate will be a cross functional team member that will use their mechanical and electrical experience to assist in manufacturing parts-sorting systems, and rotary turret assembly systems.
Duties to include:
- assembling mechanical components and electrical devices (including basic low voltage wiring) per drawings
- fabricating electrical wiring / panel / instruments using basic electrical knowledge
- working from schematics under supervision, and/or engineering direction
- working closely with engineering and/or supervisor to ensure proper and smooth assembly of product
- assist with cleaning and prepping all equipment scheduled for shipment to our customers
- responsible for maintaining their work area and helping to keep the general work area clean and safe
Safety and quality of finished goods is mandatory
- Journeyman license or equivalent preferred
- Three to Five years of experience
- Able to read / understand control circuits
- Experience in electrical panel assembly
- Experience in electrical conduit and pulling wire per NFPA70
- Understand AC / DC concepts
- PLC knowledge a plus
- Detail oriented, reliable, dependable, flexible
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision
- Experience reading electrical schematics and follow applicable standards- UL508A, NFPA79, NEC, etc.
Must have authorization to work in the United States
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).