ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARYSystems administrator maintains and ensures security, availability, and performance of computers, servers and networks in a multi-site Windows environment. Needs to be passionate about technology and know how to best meet end user and business needs. System Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for Windows operating systems as well as a specialization in at least two of the following: VMware, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft Exchange, Cloud services, etc. This position also recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Performs a broad range of responsible and complex computer systems administration duties in the implementation and maintenance of management information systems; to provide technical support for a combination of desktop, server and network hardware, software and peripheral equipment; to upgrade existing hardware and software, to correct reported hardware and/or software problems; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide engineering solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks; identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Provide Tier II/III other support per request from various sources; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted departments.
- Apply patches, packages and upgrades on a regular basis, to the latest code releases.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to staff and team members.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective, timely communication and meets deadlines.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Maintains and ensures security, availability and performance of computers, servers and networks in a multi-site Windows Server LAN/WAN/WLAN environment.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems reported by users and follows up to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Clearly documents all IT procedures and follows best practice change management for configuration changes to IT systems
- Manages and monitors backup systems. Regularly tests and verifies restore capabilities.
- Assists with disaster recovery planning and the recovery of vital information.
- Administers cloud-based services such as Cerner, Infor, etc.
- Creates CCL, scripting such as a batch, VBscript, and Powershell scripts to perform automated tasks.
- Ensures availability of network services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, NPS).
- Interacts with laptops and workstations in a client-server environment. Ensures devices interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including authentication servers, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Maintains anti-virus/anti-malware protection and security control.
- Works with vendor support contacts as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Builds, configures, and maintains servers and other assets.
- Researches solutions to enhance or replace existing hardware and software.
- Performs other tasks and work with other departments as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation / Experience / License and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years’ progressive experience in various Information Technology related functions including but not limited to information server standard administration.
- Minimum three years’ increasingly responsible computer applications programming and systems analysis experience.
- Demonstrated competency in project management.
- Cerner experience desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Ability to communicate in English; both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access expected
- Efficient use of MHSC help desk application is required
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.