Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a maintenance supervisor to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Maintenance Supervisor Role
We’re looking for a talented maintenance supervisor who will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations and physical upkeep of the assigned property, and for ensuring that the property is compliant with Avenue5 policies and standards, in addition to all local, state and federal regulations. The maintenance supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance to the company risk management program. Also, has financial responsibilities for contributing towards and adhering to property budget.
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities and Objectives
- Work with the maintenance team to ensure daily maintenance tasks, such as service requests and unit make-ready standards are met.
- Review and track progress of service requests and identify chronic maintenance issues.
- Respond to maintenance related issues in a timely manner as outlined in Avenue5 Policy and Practices document while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Perform various maintenance functions including repairs to the following: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, HVAC, grounds maintenance as dictated by state guidelines.
- Perform general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, counter top/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair.
- Perform various proactive preventative maintenance including siding, painting, lighting, sprinkler, pool, golf-cart, elevator and more.
- Responsible for work order systems accuracy by verifying all orders are completed in a timely manner to company standards and the resident’s satisfaction.
- Daily inspection of the property grounds, buildings, and common area amenities to maintain safety and cleanliness standards and to identify issues requiring maintenance, repair or replacement.
- Oversee and assist with management of property emergencies, such as snow and other inclement weather emergencies, fires, and floods.
- Promptly communicate with maintenance supervisor and property manager concerning all maintenance issues at the property.
- Observe and promote safety and risk management in accordance with local, federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
- Help monitor response times for emergency on-call/after-hours maintenance assignments, and addresses issues as needed. Participate in on-call rotation as necessary.
- Promote customer satisfaction by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and curb appeal, and interact courteously and professionally with current and potential residents at all times.
- Foster a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, other properties and associated agencies.
- Conduct pre-move in and post-move out apartment inspections and ensure timely completion of quality unit turns.
- Act as mentor to maintenance team.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times, promoting the same to entire team.
- Responsible for the administration of the company risk management program.
- Complete special projects as assigned by maintenance supervisor and/or property manager.
- Promptly communicate with the property manager concerning all maintenance issues at the property.
- Solicit suppliers and contractors when work is necessary and monitor that they are compliant according to company policy.
- Work with the property manager to ensure the team and the property are compliant per company, ownership, state and federal policies and standards.
- Walk property weekly with property leadership to collaborate on property challenges and operations.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance costs remain within allotted property budget and providing input on expenses for future budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by property leadership.
Please apply immediately for this position if you have:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience in property management or building maintenance
- Experience repairing kitchen appliances as well as light plumbing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Have a valid Driver's license
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to use general office equipment and computer software (Microsoft Suite)
Dependent upon position applying for and experience.
To apply, please visit https://hrjobcenter.com/avenue5/.
Avenue5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any factor protected by law.