We are searching for engaging, courteous Baristas who are passionate about food and beverage preparation and education. The Barista will greet our guests, answer their questions, take orders, accept payments, prepare and serve food and drinks. The Baristas will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, and update displays.
To succeed as a barista, you should be committed to providing our guests with excellent service. We are looking for team members that are positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite. We foster dedication to creativity with techniques, methods, and ingredients that always keep us excited while providing the best experience we can for our guests.
Barista / Café Server Responsibilities
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies according to WMH specifications.
- Welcomes guests, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Sells coffee and tea blends. Highlighting the differences between items and educating our guests about brewing methods.
- Basic preparation and serving foods, such as baked goods, grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee, and tea.
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learn about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve quality.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
- Working in as part of a fun, high-energy team, someone who truly enjoys helping out their coworkers and does it with a positive attitude.
- Adhere to all Wyoming state & WMH food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with team members and guests.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Wraps and properly puts away unused items, labels, and stores in proper areas at the end of a shift, and shuts off all equipment at the station.
- Cleans up station and participates in cleaning the rest of the café during and after service hours.
- Assist in any other areas that lead to the success of WMH and our guest’s satisfaction.
Skills and Experience
- Dependability and availability to work around peak hours, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, and some nights.
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively.
- Understands and follows written and verbal directions explicitly and asks questions for clarity when necessary.
- Prior Barista experience not required.
- Experience handling cash and operating a cash register is desirable.
Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred.
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and manages time effectively.
- Current Wyoming approved food safety certificate or ability to pass required certification.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Ability to stand on their feet for long periods of time.
- Capacity to work in varying temperatures, loud noises, and some stress in the fast-paced restaurant environment.
- May sustain occasionally minor cuts, burns, and bruises on the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- coffee: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible