Senior SharePoint Advisor
- Vancouver, WA
- Posted on July 16, 2020
Position Location: Vancouver, Washington
Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon’s mission is to deliver technology, tools and training to maximize impact, productivity and purpose. We have over 25 years in the project management industry and are a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft. No matter the organization’s size, our team specializes in maximizing our customers business and personal productivity by leveraging the Microsoft technology experience.
There is a difference between getting the job done and getting it done right. In each engagement, we strive to get the best outcome via a relationship-based, collaborative approach. Our results are measurable because we think productivity is tangible, not subjective. We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
- empowerment through growth and learning
- innovation, improvement and creative solutions
- building relationships and collaboration
- productivity, accuracy and measurable results
- humor and celebrating successes
- respectful and compassionate communication
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
Our leadership and solution teams apply the principle of servant leadership, leading from the front and ensuring that our customers and internal staff are both empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in, and growing talent to fully utilizing our strengths for customer solutions.
These values and work mindset must resonate with you on a deeper level.
Position Description Summary
Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisor position Provide customers with consulting or guidance in leveraging collaboration portal systems and how to leverage SharePoint to help optimize their business needs.
Advisicon’s Senior SharePoint Advisors are key consultants for Advisicon’s blended technology and methodology teams, supporting both internal and external customers. They help implement the Microsoft Technology stack to automate and optimize the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects and they have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
This position means being an integral part of our international team. This position reports to the Director of Products as well working and supporting the directors of each department or functional areas while also driving and supporting the company’s technology infrastructure, software strategy and planning and evaluating its performance and risks. This position also is focused on both delivery and customer growth and support within the technology services for both for profit and non-profit customers
The Senior SharePoint Advisor works to identity customer business or technical issues, map the solutions, and facilitate the deployment of the services and technology and help train or deliver that solution. Much of our work is centered on implementing Microsoft’s solution suite of tools to help IT Staff, Executives, PMO’s (Project Management Offices) and Project to Portfolio managers utilize both the tools and best practice methodologies to achieve results. Advisicon delivers outstanding results through a blend of consultative training, classes and technology implementations, helping our customers achieve valued ROI and sustained results.
The ideal candidate is professional, personable, reliable, and capable of multi-tasking. We are seeking an individual who is personable, naturally friendly, bright, inquisitive, and an excellent communicator.
Senior SharePoint Advisor Job Duties:
- Architect, design, implement SharePoint sites for on-premise to Office 365
- Support SharePoint implementations through develop, test and support high quality, scalable and extensible SharePoint solutions, web parts, and custom code extensions.
- Deploy SharePoint sites, farms and provision SharePoint Online
- Deploy and develop SharePoint reporting, webparts or 3rd party or Advisicon solutions
- Brand, configure and automate processes in SharePoint and O365
- Assist in Project Server and Project Online deployments and installations
- Work with Technical Services to design, deploy and configure customer solutions in Azure, On-premise or in the Cloud or O365
- Test and make recommendations on future release technologies to Microsoft
- Author, teach, design and build educational tools, books and training for customers using SharePoint or Collaboration Technology
- Build workflow automation, dashboards and visuals for views including Power BI and other reporting and/or business solutions.
- Experience working in a collaborative agile team environment
- SharePoint Site Design & Building, Training Expertise
Core Professional Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate working with clients to define and document requirements
- Self-Motivated & Team Player
- Ability to interact with business users at all levels
- IT Background or experience with product development delivery
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project Management Experience or Project / Product Lifecycle Methodology Experience a plus
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Experienced in Developing & Deploying Applications in SharePoint & Office 365
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Information Technology or Software Development) or equivalent strong work experience.
- 5-7+ years building and maintaining SharePoint sites. Experience should include SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online (Classic & Modern / Office 365)
- Experience with SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft PowerApps, Team Site setup and configuration, web parts and custom workflows.
- Proven experience working with Agile SCRUM.
- Passionate about Helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly and works well with others
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Self-motivated, ensures follow through on deliverables
- Teachable and a continuous learner
- Must love and be adept with Technology and likes writing code
- Out of the box thinker, Creative, Inventive and Adaptable to situations
- Honest and Customer Focused
- Tactful and Respectful, but solution oriented
- Takes Initiative to solve problems
- Is organized and takes pride in personal appearance
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience and Skill set.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares for not only our customers, but also about the health and well-being of our employees, contractors, and their families. We offer an excellent compensation package including:
- Employee Medical, Dental, Vision and Aflac Programs
- Employer matched retirement/401k
- Sick & vacation paid time off
- 5% of an employee’s time may be spent Volunteering with Nonprofit organizations
- Advisicon Food Pantry
- Employee/Employer Charity Donation Match Program
- Employee & Family Chaplaincy Program
- Employee Referral Incentives Program (New Employees or Customers)
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Careers@Advisicon.com.