Advisicon Company Overview
Advisicon’s mission is to deliver technology, tools and training to maximize impact, productivity and purpose. We have over 25 years in the project management industry and are a Gold level Project Partner with Microsoft. No matter the organization’s size, our team specializes in maximizing our customers business and personal productivity by leveraging the Microsoft technology experience.
There is a difference between getting the job done and getting it done right. In each engagement, we strive to get the best outcome via a relationship-based, collaborative approach. Our results are measurable because we think productivity is tangible, not subjective. We have a specialized, integrated team that knows and utilizes both best practices methodologies with the latest PM technologies, providing our customers with a one-stop shop. From technical implementation and customization to end-user adoption, training and coaching, our team guides the customer, each step of the way.
Our core values are:
- empowerment through growth and learning
- innovation, improvement and creative solutions
- building relationships and collaboration
- productivity, accuracy and measurable results
- humor and celebrating successes
- respectful and compassionate communication
At Advisicon, we strive to empower our customers and staff to work in and build an atmosphere of grace and learning to achieve adaptive and applied use of that knowledge in creating and delivering solutions to both our external and internal customers.
Our leadership and solution teams apply the principle of servant leadership, leading from the front and ensuring that our customers and internal staff are both empowered and productive. We seek to grow our team with key people who share this mindset and who have the same common goal of investing in, and growing talent to fully utilizing our strengths for customer solutions.
These values and work mindset must resonate with you on a deeper level.
Position Description Summary
Advisicon’s IT Advisor position supports the internal environments, technologies and systems for Advisicon’s employees and contract staff as well as our external customers. This role will also assist and work directly supporting the technical services team in technology implementations, migrations, configurations and environmental support for customers.
This position means being an integral part of our international team. This position reports to the VP of Technology Engineering & Services as well working and supporting the directors of each department or functional areas while also driving and supporting the company’s technology infrastructure, software strategy and planning and evaluating its performance and risks. This position also is focused on both delivery and customer growth and support within the technology services for both for profit and non-profit customers. We look for a candidate that will help establish tools, processes, reports and metrics to establish a strong customer service and implementation program providing IT and Technology consulting and support services both internally and externally (client facing).
Advisicon is looking for someone whose is interested in helping our company grow, retain and support and improve the Technology Services team’s skill sets to deliver world class solutions and customer support both locally and abroad. This role will be helping to create and improve the teams experience and create and support an “Can-Do” culture that reflects collaborative engagement.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and thought partner with each business unit, customer and someone who can support and recommend good technical choices for optimum and best practices for supporting the customer or stakeholders needs. This means being on-top of technology changes and understanding what the best option is, based on the customers’ needs, in the face of constant technology innovation and change.
IT Advisor Job Duties:
- Deliver local and remote IT Support to clients, including desktop, server, network, SQL, email, Microsoft applications deployment, support and maintenance.
- Provide client Helpdesk support and process documentation for client systems and applications
- Deliver Microsoft Office 365 implementation consulting services to clients. This includes deployment, migration, installation, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Deliver Microsoft SharePoint Server implementation consulting services to clients. This includes installation, migration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Deliver Microsoft Project Server/Project Online implementation consulting services to clients. This includes installation, migration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Repairing and upgrading existing computers, laptops and computer peripherals, and deploying new computer systems
- Build computer images for deployment and working in Office 365, Microsoft 365 and Azure environments
- Provide system administration for internal systems: SharePoint, Project Server, Exchange, SQL Server, CRM
- Manage technology infrastructure: AD DS, AAD, Network Devices, Windows Servers, Hardware Peripherals
- Providing system administration for internal/external systems:
- SharePoint / SharePoint Online / Office 365 / Power BI
- Microsoft 365 / Intune
- Project Server / Project Online
- MS Exchange & Exchange Online and Active Directory
- SQL Server
- MS Dynamics CRM
- Support maintain and deploy Hyper-V Host and Guest Machines, or related technology
- Manage network level DRS
- Write & update technical documentation for training manuals, internal IT processes and asset tracking
- Administrator Enterprise Level Office 365 Tenant (Users, Services, Security and Compliance)
- Monitor and deploy network security protection (Anti-malware, Gateway Protection, Intrusion Protection, Security Access Policies)
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years IT experience
- At least one-year experience implementing and supporting SharePoint or Office 365 Products & Tenants
- Familiarity with SQL Queries and SQL Server
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networks
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft platform, including Office 365 and related cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Consulting experience/Client facing/Training
Additional Attributes (highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experienced with implementing, supporting, and using Microsoft Project Server / Project Online
- Experienced with configuring, customizing, and integrating SharePoint technologies
- Architecting and deploying production systems on the SharePoint platform
- Architecting Azure or O365 for End User and Business Productivity
- Experienced with gathering business and technical requirements for technical solutions
- Supporting ERP Systems like QuickBooks or Dynamics 365
- Experience managing, leading or driving technical implementations for customers
Core Professional Skills
- Problem-solver / solution provider
- Strong consulting skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Professional appearance and manners
- Reliable and diligent
- Willing and able to learn
- Team player and leader
- Organized, systematic
- Good follow-through
- Excellent written, electronic, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong professional references
- Strong with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Able to follow instructions/orders
- Effective manager of both technical and non-technical resources and teams
- Effective trainer for non-technical staff
- Passionate about Helping others and solving customer problems
- Friendly, outgoing, sociable
- Healthy Sense of Humor
- Out of the box thinker, Creative, Inventive and Adaptable to situations
- Alert and observant and looking for ways to improve processes
- Must love and be adept with Technology
- Self-motivated, Takes Initiative
- Honest & Customer Focused
- Tactful and Respectful, but solution oriented
- Visionary but also actionable
Salary / Compensation:
- Depending on Experience and Skill set.
Advisicon Benefits Overview
Advisicon cares for not only our customers, but also about the health and well-being of our employees, contractors, and their families. We offer an excellent compensation package including:
- Employee Medical, Dental, Vision and Aflac Programs
- Employer matched retirement/401k
- Sick & vacation paid time off
- 5% of an employee’s time may be spent Volunteering with Nonprofit organizations
- Advisicon Food Pantry
- Employee/Employer Charity Donation Match Program
- Employee & Family Chaplaincy Program
- Employee Referral Incentives Program (New Employees or Customers)
If you think you have the right stuff to join the A-Team and this position looks like the perfect fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and references.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- TCP/IP networks: 1 year (Required)
- IT Management: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft platform, including Office 365 and related cloud: 1 year (Required)
- One location