- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from tables.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff.
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver orders in a timely manner.
Both AM and PM positions are available. Servers also make tips as additional compensation.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $3.50 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Vision Insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
COVID-19 considerations:· All employees are Screened (Health Questions and Temperature taken EVERY DAY prior to shift)· Hourly Disinfecting of High Touch areas throughout the hotel, logged & documented hourly· No Contact Hand Sanitizing Stations throughout the hotel· Avail
- Store Discounts
- One location
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Handling cash accurately
- Processing credit cards
- Basic math calculations without a calculator
- Using a calculator
- Using Point of Sale software
- Using other restaurant software
- Making change accurately
- Using a digital cash register
- Using a manual cash register
- Operating a variety of equipment, such as fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells, and coffee machines
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible