The main purpose of the CCCR Assistant is to provide various services for the Adult Education (AE) program at the Gillette campus. It is important that this individual have a calm demeanor, a positive attitude, and is comfortable sharing program information to potential students on occasion. The CCCR Assistant will perform basic office duties, assist staff with preparation for student intake sessions, assist with data reporting, prepare materials, and other duties as assigned below.
Reports To Interim Director, CCCR
- Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
- Gillette College Student currently enrolled
- Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good computer and office knowledge including internet use, databases, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Professional telephone manners
- Ability to answer basic questions about the AE program accurately and effectively, know when to ask for assistance to answer more complex questions regarding the AE program and possess.
- Ability to use basic office machines such as the photocopier, shredder, scanner, printer, and fax machines.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Work through interruptions
- Periods of time working with computers
- Organizing files and program forms
About Northern Wyoming Community College District
Special Instructions to Applicants
Contact Information: Klancie Britton, 307-680-3561
These are the job duties for required of the position.
Percentage of time 100%
This individual will represent the AE program. It is an important quality that the student possesses a calm demeanor, a positive attitude, and be comfortable sharing information about the ABE/ESL program with community members. They must possess the following attributes: be able to work in a team setting and capable of working individually, remain flexible when needed, take the initiative to complete tasks, strong organizational skills, develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with AE staff and students, and remain calm in stressful situations. Additionally, must be punctual and ready for work when scheduled while dressing appropriately for assigned tasks.