ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Responsible for solving routine computer, printer, phone, fax, copier, pager problems. Receives information concerning user problems and provides solutions. Installation and maintenance of computers, terminals, printers, thin clients, data links, and software. Documents computer events. Forwards complex problems to appropriate staff. Participates in department's continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles telephone calls from users with hardware and software problems or questions.
- Records all calls, problems and solutions offered.
- Specific skills and tools used for this category: Desktop and workstation support, PC hardware and software troubleshooting, ITIL or HDI certifications, hardware/software installation, remote maintenance tools, first and second level technical support, may include low-to-mid level network and application administration functions.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization.
- Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Investigates and resolves minor hardware and software problems.
- Involves user in the diagnostic process; talks to user to find out procedure followed and source of error by user.
- Forwards complex problems to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates with fellow staff members, programmers, and analysts to discover solutions to software problems.
- Has a good working relationship with software and hardware vendors. Requests service for defective products.
- Reports unresolved problems to the manager.
- Keeps in communication with users to ensure satisfaction.
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Responsible for compiling, coding, and processing data for computer input.
- Generates computer reports, letters, labels, lists, etc.
- Able to make changes or corrections to data after verifying accuracy of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate in English; both verbally and in writing
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access expected
- Efficient use of MHSC help desk application is required
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.