Shandaken Inn is seeking a talented bartender to join our team with a true passion and appreciation for great spirits, craft beverages, quality service, and an overall hospitable character.
Come join us - full, seasonal, and part-time positions available at competitive industry rates.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- We are looking for warm and enthusiastic waitstaff to provide an excellent guest experience
- Treats guests and team members with courtesy and respect
- Passion for food, beverage, hospitality, and the guest experience
- Provides the highest-quality hospitality experiences
- Our bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Execution of the cocktail and bar menu:
- Executing classic and custom cocktails on request: memorization and consistent preparation of all ingredients, -
including but not limited to garnishes and syrups.
- Contribution to the development of new cocktails.
- Providing advice and suggestions on cocktail flavor profiles and food pairings, wine and beer as appropriate based
on the client need.
- Client service and relationship management:
- Consistently creating a strong first impression with all guests through positive and professional body language,
strong communication and attentiveness.
- Focusing on guest needs to ensure each guest feels welcome, attended to and that their needs and requirements are
fully understood and met.
- Appropriate speed and accuracy in the delivery of all guest requests.
- Development of relationships for the drop in and regular guest, including but not limited to greeting/conversing
with guests by name, memorizing specific, repeat guest orders, appropriate familiarity with guest stories/situations.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent memory and love of working with people.
- Ability to handle, mediate and resolve challenging guest or staffing situations.
- Ability to take direction and deal with a high-pressure working environment.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Knowledge of classic cocktails and liquor profiles.
- Strong team player.
- Strong numerical and cash management skills.
Who are we?
Originally built in the late 1920s as the clubhouse for the once popular Rip Van Winkle Golf Course, Shandaken Inn has been welcoming guests to the northern Catskills for almost one hundred years. Following an extensive renovation and reimagination of the property, the Inn will welcome its first guests this fall. With over 12 acres of bucolic country grounds, bordered by the Esopus Creek, made famous for its world class fly fishing, Shandaken Inn features 15 unique and artfully furnished guest rooms. Themed to pay homage to the storied past of the Catskill Mountain region, it’s former great resorts and camps, the Inn evokes the glory days of a time gone by when the Catskills were the premier vacation and recreation destination for the entire region.
In addition to mountain views from each room, the Inn is home to The Clubhouse Restaurant & Bar, serving breakfast and dinner, all year round. Under two and a half hours from New York City, guests can escape to the breathtaking surroundings of the Catskills, enjoy a state-of-the-art fitness center, hike, play tennis, swim, and relax without leaving behind modern conveniences like high speed WiFi. With it’s reimagined restoration, Shandaken Inn will once again, be first in its class, and your home in the Catskills.
- Competitive hourly, based on experience, plus tip
- Relocation Assistance for the right candidate
- On-premise Lodging Assistance for the right candidate
- Family Meals
- On-premise discounts
- Onboarding & Ongoing Training
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
We are complying with all Covid-19 state mandates, including face coverings, hand sanitizing stations, 6 foot distancing, service with food only, and appropriate signage.
Check us out:https://www.shandakeninn.com/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time for Brunch & Dinner service for immediate hire
Please share your resume.