Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
Trail End Historic Site is accepting applications for 1 seasonal Maintenance position and 3 Fee Collectors for 2020.
The major employment season is Memorial Day to Labor Day. The actual length of employment depends on the work location and the type of job performed.
Please refer to the Essential Functions for more detailed information about job duties.Human Resource Contact: 307-777-3631, email@example.comESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.Seasonal Maintenance Worker:
- ?Perform routine building, grounds and landscape maintenance, minor carpentry repairs, painting, and mowing.
- Assist staff in the construction, installation, maintenance, and renovation of grounds and buildings. It also assists in preventive maintenance duties.
- Clean and service restrooms, shelters, buildings, and remove litter from grounds, parking lots and other public areas.
- Operate and/or drive a variety of vehicles, light, and heavy equipment.
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment, such as mowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and other equipment required for daily operations. Utilize various hand and power tools.
- Follow proper handling and safety procedures involving cleaning chemicals and fuel products encountered in daily operations, including proper Personal Protective Equipment usage.
- Provide excellent customer service. May interact with visiting public answering basic questions.
Seasonal Fee Collector:
- Greet visitors, collect admission fees and provide excellent customer service.
- Answer visitor questions provide pertinent information about the site including interpretation and orientation of facilities and local points of interest.
- Handle monetary transactions which include fee collection and gift shop sales. Responsible for cash register reconciliation.
- Responsible for restocking gift shop shelves and tracking inventory.
- Answer a multi-line telephone system transferring calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with general administrative duties, reports, and data entry.
- Perform opening and closing duties, as well as cleaning and maintenance as needed.
- Provide janitorial services in the building and will assist Fee Supervisor with special projects and events.
For all seasonal positions, preference will be given to applicants who are professional and have excellent customer service skills.
Must have a valid driver license.
Must be at least 16 years of age.KNOWLEDGE:
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough in completing assignments/tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills allowing the ability to interact with visitors from around the world.
- Experience in handling money, cash registers and retail sales
- Willingness to work on a variety of assignments every day.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects with variable timelines and scopes of work.
- Basic construction and maintenance knowledge.
- Basic operational knowledge of light and heavy equipment use, as well as hand and power tools.
- Basic safety awareness of equipment use.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices.
024-State Parks & Cultural Resources - Parks Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.