McKinley Architecture and Engineering (MKA) is a multi-discipline, full-service firm providing architectural, engineering, design and construction administration services. For almost 40 years, McKinley has become a well-known name in the region evolving into the leading architectural and engineering firm in WV. McKinley Architecture and Engineering has three offices, Wheeling, WV - Wexford, PA and Charleston, WV with positions available in all.
We utilize a business model structured for efficiency, offering comprehensive professional services across a wide landscape of client categories. Our architects, engineers, and technicians are all in-house, creating optimum communication and collaboration, which results in outstanding service to our clients. We also have LEED Accredited Professionals, a Historic Preservationist, a Qualified Commissioning Process Provider, an Accredited Learning Environment Planner, and a Recognized Educational Facilities Planner.
Job Description Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and the completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. They will ensure instruments of service are meeting contractual requirements and are key in managing client relationships and expectations.
- Education and Experience: 4+year degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or related discipline with demonstrated experience in an A/E or construction related office preferred.
- Leadership - Ability to resolve conflicts, keep staff motivated, and make difficult decisions.
- Time Management - Ability to balance and prioritize the needs and demands of clients, employees and management, often simultaneously.
- Finance - Ability to track and monitor project budgets.
- Analytical - Ability to collect and analyze data, exercising sound problem solving skills and implementing solutions when necessary.
- Organization - Keen attention to detail despite a heavy inflow of data / communication; a commitment to documentation and record keeping.
- Communication - Excellent written and verbal skills to utilize with both internal and external clients.
- Technology - Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and an openness and willingness to learn and master new software as needed.
Primary Responsibilities:Guide the coordination, documentation, development and completion of projects, including:
- Pre-design tasks, project procurement, assisting in negotiation and development of Owner/AE agreements, AE/Consultant Agreements, assist design professionals in development of Owner Program and budget.
- Design phase tasks, Owner estimate/budget updates, ongoing client communications and updates, assisting in Q/A document reviews, facilitating, participating, documenting, and assisting in project client, AHJ and team design meetings with design professionals , assist design professionals and Owner’s in coordinating required information including utilities, surveys, geotechnical, environmental, archeological evaluations, as applicable, assisting finance department with invoicing procedures, coordinating owner/AHJ document submissions, and coordination of design teams technical specifications and drawings, development of project schedules, in consultation with design professionals, and monitoring of these project schedules.
- Assisting Owner in bidding procedures and precontract documentation including development and/or assembly of Owners’ procurement document non-technical specifications and contract forms, commissioning, construction & materials testing as applicable, attend and/or facilitate pre-bid per Owner’s requirements, coordinate all bidding correspondence to design team and coordinate addenda information from team. Assist Owner in Bid Evaluations and recommendations.
- Coordinate construction administrators and design professionals in construction phase tasks and documentation including, development of construction agreements, preconstruction and progress meetings, payment application, requests for information, submittals, supplemental instructions, proposal requests and cost event procedures, ongoing client communications during construction, substantial and final completion Closeout procedures.
Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the execution of projects including:
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Monitor and provide schedule updates on project progress
- Work with project management team to coordinate resource availability, and allocation.
- Coordinate Work provided by outside consultants is consistent with Owner’s and MKA’s scope and standards.
- Review and Approve project invoices for accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs.
- Review project financial performance and provide reports.
Cultivate and manage strong relationships with project team, clients, stakeholders, and third parties.Assess and manage risks to minimize unfavorable outcomes. Report and escalate to management as needed.Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.Demonstrate a commitment to continued education through training sessions, conferences, etc.Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.Perform other related duties as assigned.