The Assistant Property Manager’s position is intended to centralize and standardize the servicing of a portfolio of property’s operating and administrative tasks. An Assistant Property Manager is an internal and external customer service expert, with the authority to answer resident, client, vendor and maintenance tech questions; resolve resident complaints; approve standard maintenance; help direct maintenance staff and generally be helpful/supportive of all portfolio manager’s objectives and responsibilities. They are a high-functioning and efficient generalist focusing on front-end communication, organization and customer service.
1. Stay informed and up to date on laws (including but not limited to Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant and Real Estate laws), market data and other industry news that affect Property Management and Real Estate
a. Attend educational classes, shows, and meetings as directed
2. Know, comprehensively understand and be able to cite/reference all rules, regulations, policies, procedures, industry standards and common best practices, as they pertain to the operation of rental residential real estate in the state of Oregon and Washington, as directed by Bluestone & Hockley.
3. Provide a one business day response (or faster) to digital correspondence and a one business day response (or faster) to phone calls.
4. Provide exceptional customer service to all – internal and external customers and colleagues.
5. Shall make two honest and good faith attempts to resolve any issue or complaint.
6. Document all interactions and correspondence using property management software, Rent Manager.
7. Constantly manage and monitor all service issues for the portfolio in Rent Manager.
8. Assist with coordinating housing voucher and other related assistance programs.
9. Assist with the coordination of basic maintenance requests.
10. Provide assistance and support to the portfolio manager.
11. Assist with simple administrative tasks including incoming and outgoing accounts, simple insurance renewals, etc.
12. Coordinate and disseminate rent increases and other resident-related notices and correspondence.
13. Assist with the coordination of standard unit turnover projects.
14. Assist in the completion of Move Out Settlements.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by Portfolio Manager, Director of Residential Property Management, Executive Vice President and/or President of Bluestone & Hockley
1. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
2. Must have demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
3. Able to operate a telephone and/or mobile phone
4. Able to type 50 WPM
5. Must be able to travel to multiple locations in a single day
Nature of Position
This hourly full-time position with office time, field/property travel and occasionally working from home. Position typically works Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime necessary.
The ability to communicate verbally on the phone and face to face is constant. The ability to speak, read, understand and write English is constant. The ability to utilize a computer and keyboard is constant. The ability to sit, stand, climb stairs, walk and drive a vehicle is frequent. Reliable transportation is required. The ability to lift 30 lbs. is occasional.
If you would like to apply for this position please follow the link below to submit your resume directly to our hiring manager. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=21662&clientkey=EA218C07F12337E1971FAE20526E8342