Main Course, Philadelphia's arts and entertainment lifestyle magazine, brings to life the cultural elements of Philadelphia in fashion, music, film, food & restaurant reviews, and media. We cater to socially active readers involved intimately with the city to dish out what you already know, while taste testing different experiences all around.
Main Course PHL is looking for interns to join our high-performing local team. Assignments include photography, live band coverage, fashion receptions, nightlife, art openings, and Philly events. While working closely with the Editorial department, primary-learning experiences will include:
- How to publish video, photo and written content compliant with industry standards
- How to work in a fast paced team oriented environment while meeting objectives and goals
- How to manage and maintain multiple projects
- How content generates interest and creates market value
The ideal candidate must be reliable, a people person, detail-oriented, and adaptable possessing a strong passion for organization, problem solving and creating.
The traits of our ideal candidate:
- Strategic Planning
- Editing, and Scheduling content
- People Management
- Great People Skills
- Effective Communicator
- Article Writing
Our Assistant Editor is the 2nd in command. Your ultimate responsibility is keeping our team together and on schedule. They ensure all deadlines are met, editorial is published correctly to website, social media, and editions, approve/create content, participate in events, attends all meetings, fact checking, and overall management. Assistant Editors work with writers, photographers, department managers, organizations, editorial assistants, graphic designers.
Assistant Editors are responsible for:
- Approving, writing, editing articles; Ensure all deadlines and standards are upheld
- Attending events, speaking on behalf of the magazine (when necessary)
- Participating in the planning, researching, scheduling and execution process of all editorial projects (interviews/photoshoots/features)
- Must be able to write articles in less than 24 for current events, 3-4 days for interviews and features
Our Assistant Editor works out of google documents and calendar, syncing all deadlines to ensure all staff are up to date with appointments and assignments. Constant communication through social media, email, and phone is necessary.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or similar field
- Must know how to use excel, word, powerpoint and outlook
- Knowledge of Wordpress, SEO, google calendar and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Photoshop and how to resize images
- Must have excellent record keeping, time management and people management skills
- Must know how to manage a team of 5-10 people, provide leadership and effective research skills
- Must be able to work alone, remotely and in a group
- Must have reliable transportation, access to a computer, able to work up to 10-20 hours per week and attend monthly and other required meetings as scheduled.
All interested applicants should send a RESUME and follow all guidelines listed.
- Provide a one-paragraph summary of why you would like to contribute to Main Course PHL. Describe your passion and how it helps you get to your goals.
- Have you ever published website content for an organization? What were your responsibilities? What did your weekly workload look like?
- Provide up to 2 links to the website posts you created.
- Three recent writing samples no older than 2 years old
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Required)
- outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing/proofreading: 1 year (Required)
- media publishing: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- 1 - 3 months
- 4 - 6 months
Company's Facebook page: