It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Do you want to be a part of a team with a track record of breaking news and winning the BIG Story?
Are you good at digging through data, finding the story within the story, getting creative and making it all easy to understand?
Do you want an opportunity to live in one of the best places in the nation? A city that’s the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, with all the outdoor activities you every dreamed of, not to mention a thriving arts and entertainment scene?
KDVR.com, KDVR/FOX31 and KWGN/Colorado’s Own Channel 2 are currently searching for a full-time Digital Data Reporter. The Digital Data Reporter should be passionate about news and local content, innovative, creative, and be confident on camera. You should be able to work independently on sometimes complex content.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed in video journalism and web content creation and publishing using an ever-evolving set of multimedia tools and platforms. This position will gather and present live and recorded video segments, online, on mobile and social media as well as on-air.
These segments will be original stories that break news, dig deeper into details of breaking stories, and uncover and discover enterprise or investigative topics exclusive to our digital platform. Must have a strong understanding of how to effectively use social media to publicize stories and to connect with the audience. Experience with data visualization tools preferred.
- Three years of online, print, or on-air reporting required.
- Strong writing skills and working knowledge of CMS workflow, standard digital storytelling tools, and the FOIA process.
- Skilled at writing AP-style articles for a digital platform.
- Video journalism skills
This reporter’s duties will also include:
- Writing in-depth and investigative, original news content for the station’s website, as well as contributing to newsgathering for the day’s big stories and breaking news
- Posting & updating news content on websites, blogs, and social media channels
- Covering special events and working on special projects for digital news coverage
- Developing sources and content areas of expertise
- Collaborating with the investigative and digital teams to create visually rich, value-added content such as charts, graphs, photos, and videos
- Other duties as assigned
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!