The electrical assembler is responsible for completing all assigned work according to specifications in a high quality and safe manner. Experience is required in bending conduit, mounting electrical panels and junction boxes, installing and terminating electrical wiring in a clean, safe and concise manner to achieve the set goals. The electrical assembler must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and drawings. The electrical assembler is required to follow the instructions of the electrical supervisor and suggest improvements.Job Duties: Duties performed without direct supervision include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Review drawings and identify any problem requiring changes
2. Be familiar with stock on hand and keep supervisor advised on shortages of supplies to minimize work slowdowns / stoppage
3. Keep supervisor updated on job progress
4. Pull, terminate, and phase wire
5. Install electrical fittings
6. Drilling and knocking out holes/set up
7. Knowledge and ability to comply with company’s safety standards, OSHA
8. Standards and EPA Standards
9. Perform material handling and housekeeping functions
10. Retrieve and deliver supplies and equipment using material handling equipment.
11. Participate in group discussions such as job briefingsOther Job Functions: Safely Work with following equipment, machines, tools and material handling equipment.
1. Knockout punches
2. Equipment movement dollies
3. Pallet jacks
4. Air and electrical screw gun
5. Tape measures
6. Material handling equipment such as forklifts (after training and certification)
7. Non power tools such as screw drivers and pliers
8. Air tools such as drills and grinders
9. Ratchet or hydraulic crimping tools
11. Mechanical benders for EMT
12. Pipe threading equipmentTypically work four 10 hour shifts (Mon-Thu) and 8 hours on Friday.
Standard 10-hour shift is 6:00am – 4:45pm.
They adjust to 12 hour shifts as needed, with at least two day notice to employees.
They add Saturdays as needed as well.Pay is BOE. $15 - 17 hr.Skills:electrical assembler, electrical wiring, control wiring, switch gears, compression lugs, schematics, cabling, wiring, strip, crimp, splice, terminateTop Skills Details:electrical assembler, electrical wiring, control wiring, switch gears, compression lugs, schematics, cabling, wiring, strip, crimp, splice, terminateAdditional Skills & Qualifications:The following skills and abilities are essential for performing job functions in a safe and effective manner.
At least 2 years of MANUFACTURING experience
Non choppy work history (think less than 2 years/per job or 2 or less jobs in 5 years)
Pay based on experience. We will ask for candidates current pay, pay rate from last two jobs pay and what they are looking for to jump to another opportunity. We will then provide a range to you. It doesn’t make sense to give someone a $5 increase). Range is $17-26/hr. (high level/tons of experience and technical skill only can get the higher rates).
Skills Wise must be able to do the following-
- Read/Interpret a Tape Measure
- Perform mechanical assemblies in previous jobs such as using hand/power tools and/or auto mechanic (mechanically inclined)
- Computer Savvy (can they navigate a smart phone)
- Be able to follow work instructions (prints/blueprints/schematics) to perform assemblies
- Wiring- Crimping/Pulling of Wire
- Be able to stand for 10+ hours at a time and work extended OT
- Should show urgency in interview- good attention span, keeps up with supervisor on tour (Pep in step to show energy level), etc.Also, they must have own tools (see list below) or be able/willing to acquire these tools during contract period:Tools:
Socket set, Phillips screwdriver, control screw drivers, wrenches (American Standard), electrical drill 20/18 volt and less… adjustable pliers, torpedo level, tape measure.Experience Level:Intermediate LevelAbout Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.