VDart Inc is the leading global provider of digital solutions, products and talent management company providing digital technology solutions in Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Healthcare Industries. Led by a strong global team located across 10 countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Japan, Australia & India. We are currently accepting applications from staffing firms for our Preferred Partner Program, where we align niche staffing firms with specific verticals based on their strengths. To apply, please visit: https://www.vdart.com/suppliers/ Role: Postgres Data architect Location: Plano, TX Contract Experience and Qualification:
- Project experience leading database migrations from Oracle to PostgreSQL on-prem and AWS Aurora Experience designing database solutions - gathering server requirements, installing and creating databases, performance tuning, monitoring.
- In-depth knowledge of community version PostgreSQL architecture version 13 (or higher)
- Experience investigating/troubleshooting PostgreSQL performance issues with native Postgres catalog and statistics
- Experience with streaming and logical replication, HA, Backup and Recovery and Maintenance utilities including setup, configuration and monitoring.
- Ability to communicate your vision to project stakeholders and upper management
- 7+ years of PostgreSQL DBA experience
- 3+ years of experience as DBA lead in projects.
- Expert level knowledge in at least one scripting language
- Experience with RedHat Linux, storage, and network settings
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible/Git Other database experience such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience with PostgreSQL Database