Hello, We are conducting a search for Service Desk Analyst for one of our Clients. This will be an on-site position based in Newark, NJ Position: Service Desk Analyst Location: Newark, NJ Job Length: 6-month contract 1st shift 7:30am to 4:30- Hybrid schedule Roles and Responsibilities Field end user phone calls, emails, and alerts, and submit tickets accordingly. Provide first & second level of support to end users, properly identifying and diagnosing reported issues and requests with the mindset of resolving upon first contact or remaining engaged with the client via proper follow up and communication, ensuring closure. Escalate tickets to the appropriate channels when required to ensure incidents and requests are resolved in a timely fashion and within the SLA. Proactively monitor ticket queues, prioritizing incidents and requests, taking immediate action or escalating issues as required. Identify real time trends for potential recurring or major issues and communicating findings to the proper support teams and management Ensure all tickets are properly managed with complete and accurate information. Perform ticket trending and analysis of recurring issues and provide suggestions for reducing tickets, improving issue resolution, optimizing client satisfaction and the overall customer IT experience. Create knowledge articles, maintain an active knowledge base, and follow processes based on ITIL principles and best practices. Actively participate in process improvement through training and collaboration with both service desk and support team members. Stay informed of new technology, features, and functionality as they are deployed to provide optimal client support. Offer suggestions for improvements of current technology in production or available for implementation. Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a corporate IT service desk environment with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Must have exceptional skills in Office 365.
- Must be proficient working with Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, and Active Directory.
- Must have basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting) knowledge.
- Basic understanding of ITIL or related processes and best practices, as well as end user and client related SLAs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all clients and executives, always promoting and maintaining a high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
- Proficiency in customer relationship management, building strong relations with clients.
- Team player required: Must be able to interact with peers, engineers and support staff, as well as all of IT management in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and a strong desire to learn.