Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretSuitability: No Suitability Required Public Trust/Other Required: Job Family: Systems EngineeringJob Description: Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Systems Engineer - MECMGDIT has an opening for a Systems Engineer - MECM position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The work includes the following:
- Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and computing services.
- Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and associated computing services from requirement identification to service retirement / replacement.
- Ensuring continued security of the network and proactive enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats, to include compliance with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and continuous monitoring requirements.
- Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (i.e., 50 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some OCONUS travel might be required.
- Adhering to all Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise security requirements to include those required by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the Department of the Army (DA); prepping for and passing Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs), obtaining and maintaining Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority to Operate (ATO) from the Designated Approving Authority (DAA); ensuring compliance with all Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and required information assurance (IA) controls.
- Maintaining the lifecycle of all services, ensuring they meet business needs, comply with Army directives and mandates, and are in keeping with the future Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture.
- Maintain continuity of service when primary support systems operate in degraded mode per COOP.
- Responsible for managing MECM team which is responsible for management, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades of the MECM environment supporting the 54 states and territories.
- Plans, engineers, designs, and implements future architectures changes, upgrades, expansion to modernize the capability to support emerging requirements and capacity needs.
- Reviews requirements from customers and organization strategic initiatives such as expansion and move to Army Cloud Services and use of Azure Active Direction and Intune.
- Maintains, imports, tests, verifies, and deploys MECM packages to support workstation and server using NETCOM-approved operating systems and applications to include approved patches and security updates.
- Documents architecture, system configurations, security posture, and other required artifacts to ensure eMASS record is updated and compliance with RMF requirements.