Solutions driven success.XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO. As the Lead Engineer, Software Engineering (Mobile) you will provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications, products and services. You'll drive proficiency within teams, provide resolution to technical issues, assure best practices are followed, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives while contributing to smooth business operations.Pay, benefits and more.We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a typical day:
- Coordinates technical tasks and ensures teams are working efficiently; oversees the development/support of specific IT areas and systems, and timely delivery of projects
- Contributes to defining new business requirements; identifies and communicates risks to the business
- Acts as a liaison between project management, technical teams and IT leadership; assures best practices are defined and followed; drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible
- Manages all aspects of coding for the team - branching, code review, ensure code reusability and maintainability with constant refactoring, collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team on standards and approaches. Ultimately accountable for the quality of the code for the project.
- Coding project deliverables
- Mentor developers and helps resolve technical roadblocks; conduct collaborative code reviews and coordinates the deployment and implementation of software solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of relevant software development experience including creating business applications with relational and non-relational database systems, within a fast-paced software development environment with demonstrated experience in a technical lead role
- Advanced knowledge of IT software development methodologies and processes in an agile environment
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following roles: business analyst, project manager and data analyst
- Full Stack development experience using Java and Angular
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (DB2, Oracle)
- Experience with creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Messaging Buses).
- Experience gathering, analyzing and documenting system requirements
- Experience with full SDLC implementation of projects using TIBCO and SOA design patterns.
- Experience in an Agile Environment with Scrum methodologies
- Experience in Web Services development using HTTP, REST
- Experience in working under multiple operating systems like Windows, UNIX (Sun Solaris and Linux) and UNIX Shell scripting
- Experience with asynchronous messaging frameworks for application integration
- Experience in production support activities by monitoring and troubleshooting production issues
- Experience in software configuration management using SVN and GIT