Discover. A brighter future. With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover. Job Description Responsible for the technical development and quality delivery of software engineering solutions. Leads a team of engineers within a Discover application development area while using your technical expertise to drive vision into action and results.Major Responsibilities:
- Mentor and lead a staff of engineers in both technical and soft skills to craft a team of highly technically competent, consistent, thoughtful and customer-centric technology experts. This includes ensuring the group is adhering to principles of engineering excellence within their technical domain, applying consistency of technical execution, sharing common practices and challenges within the team and fostering a culture of excellence and continuous learning within the team.
- Leads and utilizes highly technical skills to contribute as an engineer within a product team designing, developing code and maintaining quality technology solutions for a product or set of products including developing own subject matter expertise. Demonstrated experience in multiple software languages, modern software methods, CI/CD, cloud, and automated testing.
- Hire, retain and lead high-functioning, diverse group of engineering professionals, establishing clear objectives and key results, developing consistent set of practices and process across the team and driving towards resolution of challenging problems. This includes all performance management aspects of leading the engineers including acquiring and providing 360 feedback and administering reviews. Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement
- Lead and shape the technical vision within their product team and be an essential member of leadership team including acting as a leader in the Discover engineering community affecting and advancing the architecture across the company and ensuring adherence to all regulatory, compliance and audit requirements. This includes defining how technical work should be done, selecting appropriate tools, defining technology, quality, experience and implementation standards and practices within own technical domain.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related
- 6+ years Information Technology, Software Engineering or Related
- 2+ years People Leadership