- Client is seeking a Java engineer to join the Trade Processing application development team in our Irvine, CA office. The candidate will be responsible for functional and architectural enhancements to business critical real-time financial transaction processing software.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Solid experience in the full software development life cycle for large-scale applications, including architecture and design, requirements analysis, development and testing, and production deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate good team collaboration.
3-5 "nice to have":
- The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in enterprise software development.
- Excellent Core Java (POJO) experience, including multithreading, JDBC and JMS, is a must.
- RDBMS SQL skills required (Sybase or SQL Server experience preferred), including hands-on creation and performance tuning of queries.
- Experience with J2EE technologies and creating user interfaces in ReactJS or similar is preferred.
- Familiarity with Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
Top three must-haves:
- Experience in the financial industry
- Familiarity with Unix and Unix shell scripting
- Experience with J2EE technologies and creating user interfaces in ReactJS or similar
location: Irvine, Californiajob type: Contractsalary: $56 - 66 per hourwork hours: 8am to 5pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:
- Excellent Core Java (POJO) experience, including multithreading, JDBC and JMS
- RDBMS SQL skills required (Sybase or SQL Server experience preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborate with analyst and business teams to solution complex business problems
- Create technical specifications
- Develop and maintain core trade processing systems
- Create and execute test plans
skills: JavaJDBC JDBCSQL Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com. Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility). Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors