Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphSuitability: Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required: Job Family: Systems EngineeringJob Description: We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges. GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you'll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. The Software Engineer will design and develop complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on developer with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science, and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an Agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- TS/SCI w/Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience 5 years of related software development experience
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization's capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with modern programming languages including Java, Java Script, Python, and other non-relational databases.
- Hands-on experience working with Elastic Search, Mongo DB, Docker, Kubernetes, Rabbit MQ, and NiFi. DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like Ansible, Cloud Formation, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Linux (preferred) or Windows operating systems.
- 401K with company match
- Rewards program for high-performing employees
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.