- Coordinating project design assignments and design teams
- Electrical system modeling including grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analysis
- Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies
- Developing scope of work, conceptual design, and execution plans
- Preparing/creating construction documents for the installation of new or modifications of existing power generating facility electrical systems
- Provide leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to less experienced staff members
- Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside personnel
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and reports
- Facility type designs may include power generating facilities, process facilities, and large industrial facilities.
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred.
Developing equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment
Preparing engineering cost and man-hour estimates and schedules
Performing Project Management duties on electrical discipline projects
Some marketing responsibilities
Electrical Engineers are encouraged and empowered to take on advanced opportunities which may include positions as Lead Engineers, Engineering Managers, Project Managers, and Business Development Managers.