job summary:Our direct client is looking for an expeirenced Senior Network Engineer to join their growing team! This role is based in Dallas, TX. The right person has experience with Palo Alto firewalls, SD WAN, Cisco Route/Switch, and DNS/DNS Security (Infoblox preferred). This role is slated as 6 month contract with potential for extension! 100% remote, but need to be able to drive into Data Center regularly at the beginning of the project. location: Dallas, Texasjob type: Contractsalary: $65 - 70 per hourwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: No Degree Required responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting any outages in the network and any network related application issues.
- Configuration and maintenance of network devices such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IP Voice infrastructure, and other network related devices.
- Understands and adheres to the system level architecture and standards.
- Keeps abreast of technology developments in area of expertise.
- Works to build and deploy new networks and maintain the existing networks at remote facilities and datacenters.
- Works with various application teams to ensure overall health and deliverability of our applications.
- Ensures successful execution and delivery of projects, and continuous improvement of the ability to execute them.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of technical projects within span of control. Recommends necessary actions based on analysis.
- Evaluate new and evolving technology for applicability and impact on operational goals.
- Takes responsibility when problems or opportunities are identified, and initiates actions that result in high-quality solutions.
- Able to demonstrate successful ownership of parts of the network and the systems that help maintain the network.
- Prepares and presents status, technical, and management reports as required.
- Responds to any alerts in the system and drives the issue through to resolution.
- strong analytical abilities and professional office experience necessary.
- Must be able available for evening and weekend work as required to support business needs.
- Must be able to travel domestically
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required