job summary:WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Senior Quality Engineer participates in developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Senior Quality Engineer participates in creating and executing the overall test automation strategy and solutions related to functional, smoke and regression testing as well as test data management and test environment strategy and provisioning.This role is accountable for supporting the quality initiatives with focus on delivering high quality applications to our clients in a fast paced environment while collaborating with cross functional team of developers, architects and business. Quality Engineering Senior Engineer provides automated testing expertise and oversight to other team members. Technology and Innovation DivisionAs a member of the Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams. location: Los Angeles, Californiajob type: Permanentsalary: $120,000 - 154,000 per yearwork hours: 8am to 5pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Analyze product and technical user stories, as well as, requirements and functional and non-functional design specifications and create test cases and automated tests.
- Develop and execute automated testing scripts/code per standards and be responsible for their implementation into the various environments
- Participate in code reviews for automation scripts.
- Joint ownership in building and maintaining infrastructure needed to build and execute automation scripts.
- Joint ownership in test data management automation efforts.
- Integrate with CI/CD to establish continuous test cycle
- Participate in development of QA methodology, templates and best practices for testing
- Collaborate with other teammates to develop test strategies to tackle complex testing scenarios
- Recommend improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Participate in new technology implementation and design.
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Provides guidance and direction to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 6 years experience with test automation
- Minimum 6 years of experience automating web, mobile and API layers in both windows and linux environments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with and testing relational Databases.
- strong hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium Webdriver, Cypress, TestCafe or similar. .
- strong experience working with Mobile testing and associated technologies (Appium, XCUiTest, Espresso etc.)
- Ability to write and test complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Deep knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
- Deep knowledge of White Box Testing practices and experience using tools like SonarQube
- strong experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment.
- Good understanding and experience with container technologies (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors