The main purpose of this position is to manage, solicit,assist and maintain our established customer base within a geographical area. This includes requests for loads, occasional assigning of loads, and all customer service functions needed to ensure customer satisfaction, high production levels, on-time delivery, and minimal deadhead.
- Receive and manage customer load requests via telephone, e-mail, fax machine, and E.D.I, complete dispatch cards for input, and monitor changes in load status
- Professionally solicit loads from customers (call lists) within regions to effectively utilize fleet, minimize deadhead, and get drivers home
- Manage load bookings for the area with awareness of commitments and capacity.
- Manage customer On-time service levels in order to meet customer needs.
- Close Team interaction and maintain daily communication with Planner, MLC and Account Executive for the respective geographical area.
- Communicate customer trailer needs to Trailer Pool Coordinator & Marketing Load Planner for allocation of equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration with an emphasis in marketing, Management, or Transportation/Logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years customer service experience preferred.
- Two to three years transportation experience preferred.
- One to two years AS400 or P.C. experience preferred with shipment scheduling experience within the truck load industry preferred.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.