Looking for a RESPONSIBLE, DEPENDABLE, HIGHLY MOTIVATED & INTUITIVE individuals for FULL-TIME Oil/Gas Utility Locator positions in the Powder River Basin. 1 year of verifiable locating experience is desired, however, you will receive training on Company Protocols/Procedures and job specific duties. Includes some required weekend work. Must have reliable transportation and priorities in order!
- Pre-employment & random drug testing is mandatory.
- Starting pay is DOE with excellent benefits after 90 days.
- Vacation time after one year.
- Raises based on performance!
Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Respond to locate requests within WY legal time limit
- Schedule line crossings/excavations with techs to ensure integrity of utilities is kept
- Complete required digital paperwork for locates and line crossings / excavations
- Report any/all WY One-Call violations to Supervisor
- Document and educate third party contractors in violation of WY One Call Law
- Perform all tasks pertaining to informing techs of line crossings: determine crossing location by referencing maps, contact excavating contractor and techs to insure crossing is performed in a timely manner
- Take appropriate measures (e.g. awareness follow up procedures/cease digging) to ensure the integrity of the pipeline during abnormal right-of-way conditions (any excavation near the line) and follow up with Supervisor
- Complete required OSHA Training and DOT Operator Qualifications on all required covered tasks prior to performing work independently and oversee those not qualified, when required
- Monitor/inspect (oversee) hydro-vac exposure of utilities or inform techs of the needed exposures, when required
- Ensure ROW signage/markings meet Company requirements
- Receive and respond to WY Emergency One Call Tickets as quickly as possible
- Resolve conflicts, questions or concerns that arise through the WY One Call System
- Respond to questions excavators might have during and prior to excavation
- Participate in excavation incidents and line strike investigations
- Assist with implementation of corrective actions from investigations
- Enforce Company's excavation and one call policy, including stopping work if an excavator does not meet all requirements
- Assist with training on line locating and new programs for new employees
- Maintain (clean/inspect) company vehicle, equipment and housing
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by Supervisor
Please go to www.linefinders.com and fill out an application in order to be considered for the position. Click on the Careers tab and then click on the Click to Apply button. Please do not forget to include a color copy of your driver's license as a full background check is required prior to consideration for the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Frequently required to type, write, drive, stand, walk or crouch in a field environment
- Must occasionally lift and/or move manhole covers or similar items weighing +/- 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and distance vision
- 1 year of verifiable utility locating experience is preferred
- Must be organized with an attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding and use of computers
- Valid driver’s license (Clean MVR) and Social Security Card
- Effective at coordinating job details with others (multitasking)
- Good communications and people skills
- Knowledge of pipeline systems and safety
Before the end of the 90 day new-hire period the employee must obtain the following:
- OSHA General Contractor Certification (10 Hour)
- Utility Locator Certification
- Contract Company Orientation (multiple)
- Line Finders Procedure/Protocol Certification
- DOT Operator Qualification Training on all tasks required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- utility locating: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply