We are seeking to add a talented Process Assistant to our team at the Richmond, VA facility.
- Operation of machine equipment and/ or running manual tasks in order to maintain safety, operational efficiency and quality of the product or goods handled.
- Ensure timely and accurate production.
- Participation in teams to enhance the integrity of our drive for excellence
- Moderate lifting and bending
- Utilize forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. to unload, move, stack and load various materials.
- Comply with:
- General Plant Policies
- Plant Safety and Housekeeping Policies and Programs
- Plant Environment Policies and Programs
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of experience in production / manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Ability to operate powered industrial trucks (i.e. forklift).
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts.
- Dependable, team-player who can demonstrate initiative.
- Basic computer, math and reading skills.
- Ability to move around in an industrial environment, including some climbing up and on plant equipment, and such activities as walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, driving carts, occasional reaching with hands and arms, and climbing stairs to reach plant offices and equipment. Must be able to lift and /or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.32 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- One location