Front Desk Assistant (Temporary)Kemmerer/Evanston LocationsPosition Description
A front desk assistant is responsible for helping patients gain access to medical treatment facilities. The front desk assistant will communicate well with members of the public and accurately record and processes the information required for admittance, dismissal and insurance billing. Additionally, the front desk assistant will field phone calls from the community about services of the organization, including Respiratory Triage calls.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2.nSensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Greets patients and their caregivers and records pertinent information into a computer database
2. Records insurance information and obtains pre-approval for treatment if needed
3. Relays information between patients and other staff members, and provides them with updates as needed
4. Prioritizes the order of care so that the most critical patients are seen first
5. Keeps paper and electronic medical records, and updates these records as needed
6. Provides information to insurance companies in order to assist with billing
7. Assists patients during checkout, and ensures they have post-treatment instructions if required
8. Refers individuals to outside agencies when unable to meet their needs
9. Calculates payment information, accepts funds, and credits accounts accordingly
10. Field phone calls including Respiratory Triage Line phone calls
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
15. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
16. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
17. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
18. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Contact Information
Lisa Jones - HR Business Partner
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101