Medical Laboratory Tech PRNPosition Description
The MLT PRN will accomplish the Laboratory's Mission by obtaining and accurately analyzing specimens in a timely manner. In doing so the Laboratory team will continue to provide the community with quality test results and aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
Medical Laboratory Techs
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completed a 2-year program for Medical Laboratory Technician with an Associate's Degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
- Certified registry such as ASCP, H.E.W., A.M.T. or ASMT or eligible. Must be certified within 90 days of position acceptance.
- CPR Certified
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science.
- Certified registry such as ASCP, H.E.W., A.M.T. or ASMT
- CPR Certified
- Must be capable of collecting and processing blood samples and other fluids.
- Generalist experience preferred.
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
7. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
8. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
9. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
10. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
11. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
12. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
13. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Positive and supportive team member to staff members and the hospital.
2. Participates in interdepartmental process improvements and process evaluation.
3. Attend monthly staff meetings.
4.Interaction with other departments in solving problems and working as a team.
5. Acts as an internal consultant and educator to hospital staff in areas of expertise as needed.
6. Demonstrates a professional and caring attitude to patients and coworkers.
7. Strives to ensure continual compliance with Departmental and Hospital Policies and Procedures and State/Federal Regulations.
8. Employee participates in mandatory in-services.
9. Adheres to policies and procedures for infection control, HIPPA, safety and risk management.
10. Assures that SDS sheets are current and available.
11. Participates in mandatory emergency planning drills.
12. Perform Phlebotomy tasks including preparing specimens to be sent out.
13. Proficiently performs therapeutic spec/paperwork.
14. Prepare IP, OP, ER, Clinics spec/paperwork as needed.
15. Answer all phones professionally and promptly.
16.Accurately take orders from physicians (local and out of town).
17. Accurately prepare chain of custody specimen collection.
18. Maintain par level supplies and restock as needed.
19. Write/amend/review updates policies and procedures to reflect practice and CLIA requirements.
20. Proper disposal of sharps/broken/contaminated glassware.
21. Proficient operation of all analyzers.
22. Determine good collection vs. poor vs. rejection on all specimens.
23. Perform routine UA procedures and backup tests.
24.Proficiently and accurately perform micro procedures.
25. Perform routine/special hematology, blood bank, chemistry, and serology and coagulation procedures.
26. Proficient LIS operation.
27. Troubleshooting of results and correlate with diagnosis.
28. Maintain professional physician interaction.
29. Critical values: identify, repeat, report to proper person and document.
30. Participates in proficiency testing.
31. Takes call as needed.
32. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Contact Information
Lisa Jones - HR Business Partner
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101