The main purpose of theEligibility Specialist is to ensure patient(s)/client(s) are enrolled into DSHS programs and HRSA Sliding Scale Programs for medical and dental services.
- Assesses/screens patients/clients financial situation for eligibility to qualify for various grants and sliding fee scale (SFS).
- Updates job knowledge via quarterly departmental trainings and state programs as required by grant policies, etc.
- Responsible for educating the patient(s)/client(s) on the servicescovered by the various grants/SFS that they qualify for.
- Maintains patient(s)/client(s)confidentiality by protecting information in the practice management software.
- Keeps eligibility records neat, organized, and confidentially filed/stored at all times.
- Scanning, faxing, chart documentation of DSHS and HRSA Sliding Scale Programs.
- Responsible for submission of eligibility reports as required to supervisor on a monthly basis.
- CAC Certification will be required within the first year of employment.
- Responsible for scheduling, taking payments, etc. as it relates to patient accounts.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some College/Associate's Degree preferred
- Must have at least one year of customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written, communication, organizational skills.
- Minimum of one year office experience required.
Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License, appropriate driving record and auto liability insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work and engage with uninsured, under-served and under-represented populations.
- Able to type at least 40 wpm with basic computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.