Visionary Broadband seeks a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Outside Plant (OSP) Fiber Engineer. This full-time, salaried position will join the Fiber team at Visionary Broadband, a division of Visionary Communications, Inc., one of the top service providers in the region. The position can be based out of Cañon City, CO (within 2 hours of Denver) or Gillette, WY.
· As the OSP Engineer / Project Manager you will provide leadership, guidance, and oversight to OSP fiber projects. This includes, but is not limited to, designing, and reviewing FTTX OSP networks, staking, material management, coordinating and overseeing vendors and contractors, assisting in GIS mapping, quality control, financial accountability, escalations, safety, and risk management.
· A successful candidate will possess a strong understanding and experience with managing projects, telecom OSP principles and procedures, FTTX architecture and topology, permitting, aerial and underground construction, fiber splicing and tracking of projects. You may be asked to utilize this experience to engineer service solutions, create logical plant architecture, and serve as a company representative when talking with structure and landowners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and adhere to FTTX project plans, with focus on scope, time, cost, quality, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management
- Coordinate and oversee vendors, contractors and assigned stakeholders for multiple OSP projects
- Design, review & approve FTTX OSP networks, which includes internal and external partners
- Administer meetings and ensure proper accountability for project related activities
- Meet deadlines, which may include redirecting resources to complete priority projects
- Strong emphasis on accountability and action-item-follow-through specifically related to the deployment of FTTX OSP projects
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure overall project success
- Comply with and respond to federal, state, and local regulations
- Analyze and develop internal processes and implement procedural changes as appropriate to enhance Visionary Broadband’s success
- Assist in the procurement of materials, standards, and specifications for OSP and company resources, including making recommendations based on experience
- Successfully close out projects and define successes and opportunities for future projects to include process and operational improvement
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills, or have equivalent experience and/or qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Five or more years of telecom experience, with an emphasis on fiber construction and design
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, as well as ability to quickly learn and work within proprietary computer applications.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard 8am-5pm hours and be willing to travel on a limited basis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem solving abilities
This position requires sitting to complete work with a computer using a variety of software & GIS applications and telephone.
40%+ / - of the time will be spent walking and standing in the field with various weather conditions, as well as occasional lifting and / or carrying and / or pushing / pulling of items less than 25lbs.
Visual and audio acuity is essential to this position.
Visionary is often on the cutting edge of new technology deployments and works in a multitude of different situations with many different entities. A successful candidate will be a critical thinker, willing to both come up with new solutions and work with existing team members to collaborate on a best way forward in unique situations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, parental status, Pregnancy or maternity status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status or reassignment, veteran's status, political affiliation, age or disability. Or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.
Visionary Communications, Inc. is an EEO Employer- Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
NOTE: Visionary Communications conducts a thorough pre-employment background check including employment history, compensation verification (W-2/Paystubs), education verification and criminal background. Additionally, some positions require drug testing, review of driving records, credit checks, as well as the ability for the candidate to pass the federal governments “Public Trust” background screening. The omission and/or misrepresentation of any fact from or on any application, resume, cover letter, or other information provided in connection with the application process or during any interview will result in immediate rejection of such application or, if the applicant is hired, will be cause for immediate dismissal.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- fiber engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- driver's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible